- Parents have a big impact on how well their children do at school. Taking an active role in your PTA is one of the ways you can get involved and help to make a difference.
We raise money to supplement funds for school initiatives through
- activities and events,
- online shopping charity contributions (Easyfundraising),
- monthly direct debit contribution (Virgin Giving)
- We provide a social support network for parents through
- social events and activities
- We provide a forum for parents to have a say through
- PTA parent forums,
- feedback requests
Funds raised for the academic year 2018/19 were £22 254. This substantial amount has enabled the PTA to support the school’s curriculum enrichment activities and other projects, such as Shakespeare for Schools, musical instruments, repair to the cycle radio station, fleece project, thermoplastic lines on the playground, amphitheatre refit and others.
A full report of the charity’s fundraising activity can be found on the website or requested via your Class Rep.
Initiatives for 2019/20
We have successfully sponsored the following projects:
- Contributed funds to the renovation of the Early Years play area
We are fundraising for the following projects:
- Toilets refurbishment (KS2 area)
- This initiative is running as a collaboration between the Horniman school Pupil Parliament, Horniman parents and external businesses. The project is in its initial stages and more information will be available as it progresses.