Horniman Primary school is a community school within the borough of Lewisham with places for up to 210 children aged 4 - 11 years.
The school admitted its first pupils in 1971 and was officially opened by Rolf Harris in 1972.The school is named after Frederick J Horniman (1835-1906) a local benefactor who presented his ethnological museum and gardens to the London county Council in 1907. The school enjoys good links with the museum.
The school was built on a steel frame which is ‘stitched’ into the hillside. Although the building is a three storey one it is possible to enter each floor at ground level. Being built on the side of a hill the school enjoys fantastic views across London from the playground and several of the classrooms.
Please click to view:
Further InformationSchool Aims
Admission to Horniman
Please click to openSchool Arrangements 2012 - 2013
Term Dates 2012 -2013
Governors' Report to Parents 2010 - 2011
Term Dates 2011 - 2012
School Arrangements 2009 - 2010